WORK FOR US
St Mary’s Independent School relies on staff who are suitably qualified, are experienced and who are outstanding in their field.
We are privileged to be supported by a range of volunteers who bring additional skills and knowledge which enrich the experience of our pupils.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates and volunteers will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
This page is regularly updated with vacancies. As an independent school with pupils of many faiths and none, our vacancies are open to all to apply and to teachers who would enjoy and thrive in an environment where values are held high.
KS1 and KS2 TEACHERS
Due to the retirement of current members of staff we are looking to appoint two enthusiastic and dynamic class teachers to join our fantastic, dedicated and friendly team from September 2017. The post offers the chance to work with colleagues to deliver an exciting curriculum, with a possibility for leading a subject area.
- Are an outstanding teacher who has the determination to develop your own learning and are reflective in your own practice.
- Strive to challenge and deliver the best quality learning at all times and will deliver inspirational and exciting lessons.
- Motivate children of all abilities so that they achieve and make outstanding progress.
- Are hard working, contribute fully and collaborate successfully within a team.
- Have a secure understanding of the curriculum and assessment for learning
- Are prepared to take an active part in the wider life of the school and support our Catholic/Christian mission.
…….. we would love to hear from you.
We can offer you:
- Delightful, well-behaved children who are keen and eager to learn.
- Small classes.
- A positive, child-centred learning environment.
- A supportive team across our 3-16 school.
RECEPTION CLASS TEACHER
Would you like to work in a popular and thriving Reception class. St Mary’s Independent School is looking for a Reception Class teacher to work with our wonderful children. We are well known for our caring ethos in a welcoming school community where relationships between pupils and adults are strong.
We are seeking a teacher who :
- Has a proven track record of inspiring children and responds to their individual needs.
- Is passionate about teaching and learning in the Early Years and makes learning exciting, fun and challenging.
- Is committed to the achievement of the highest standards for all.
- Is a strong team player able to support our Catholic/Christian values.
- Has an excellent understanding of the Foundation Stage curriculum and the opportunities within in it.
- Would like to be involved in our inclusive school community.
In return we can offer:
- Enthusiastic well behaved children who enjoy challenges.
- A well-established Early Years classroom with an outdoor area conducive to continuing development within a beautiful 18 acre setting.
- A supportive, friendly and dedicated team.
- Opportunities for continued professional development.
Closing Date: Friday 24th March 2017(noon)
Interviews will take place on Thursday 30th and Friday 31st March 2017
We would love to show you around our school and give you the opportunity to see for yourself what St Mary’s Independent School has to offer.
To make an appointment or to request an application pack, please contact our School Administrator, Kay Hoile, email@example.com or phone 02380 671267