WELCOME TO ST. MARY’S PARENTS’ & TEACHERS’ ASSOCIATION (SMPTA)
All parents, carers, guardians and staff of St. Mary’s are automatically members of the St Mary’s Parents’ Teachers’ Association (SMPTA) and we warmly welcome your support and participation.
The SMPTA is an active part of the school and not only serves to enhance the school’s community spirit but also to provide a rich source of practical and enrichment support by raising funds and organising social events.
The SMPTA runs the Second-Hand Uniform Shop. Details can be found on the Uniform Page
The SMPTA helps to raise money through fun events and initiatives including:
- Summer Fun Day
- Bake Sales
- Christmas Cards / Tea Towels
- Founder’s Fireworks
- Movie nights for the children
- Quiz nights for families
- Entertainment/Dance events (e.g. St Patrick’s Night, Soul and Sangria evening, Quiz Night)
- 200 Club
Dates of future activities will be posted on the website- please check back for new information.
Over the years the SMPTA has contributed to and helped purchase:
- Renovation of the school cricket pitch
- Remarking of Prep gym and the Nursery playground
- Refurbishment of the Jean de la Mennais room.
- Wooden adventure playground for the Prep playing field
- School desks for Prep Department
- Prep Department roof repairs
- School Projector / Stage Lighting / Sewing Machine / PlayStation
- Equipment for After School Clubs (Warhammer, Yu-gi-oh, Duke of Edinburgh Award)
- Pool for Fun Day.
Chair: Jenny Ingram
Vice Chair: Benedicte Smith & Charlotte Parker
Secretary: Sarah Spincer
Treasurer: Stephen Jennings – firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers attend in rotation
Parents: Sarah Adamson, Alison Dobell, Tim McCarthy, Marianna Gaca.
We always welcome new members who wish to contribute and we encourage you to attend the monthly meetings or to join us at one of the many events we organise during the academic year.
If you would like to join the SMPTA or want to learn more about what we do and who we are, please do come along to the next meeting.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com if you have any thoughts, suggestions or comments that may support us