From the Archive Vaults 1942 Summer Term – Upper School Gazette
Seldom before have St. Mary’s acres been more profitably used. In response to the Government’s “Grow more Food” campaign, freshly dug patches of earth scattered all over the College grounds, appeared in early spring. The brown of the leaf mould, and the yellow of the sand and clay soon gave way for the delicate green of vegetables.
Altogether there are about twelve allotments holders besides the Brothers whose acreage under cultivation is considerable. The main gardens are above the pitches , the old tennis courts and the ‘triangle’ Everywhere the crops are most promising.
Dig For Victory!
The Boys’ Allotments in the ‘Triangle’ behind the Old Science Block Summer 1942